Applications are available online to become an EZ-Ride user on the Frye Island Ferry. A completed application should be brought to the Town of Frye Island office located near the Island ferry terminal.
Account Application | User Application | Customer Account Access
The Town of Frye Island uses an electronic ticketing system for the Frye Island Ferry.
This system is based on a bar coded ID card and/or a bar coded paper ticket. The intent is to make the purchase of ferry passage as easy as possible for all frequent users by using their ID card at the ferry terminal or for other travelers by using a bar coded paper ticket. This will minimize the amount of cash transactions at the ferry terminal and will provide real time data on ferry usage to help the scheduling process.
1) An account can be established in the Town office. Complete an application form (form available online by clicking the above Account Application link) and turn the form into the Town office with a check for $150 or more to establish a balance in the account. Two items will be issued upon application:
a) Account Number & Password. This will allow the owner of the account to view the account activity and current balance online. The Account Number & Password should not be given to another individual.
b) EZ-Ride ID Card. This ID card is assigned to a single individual and cannot be passed onto other people for use.
2) When arriving at the ferry landing, please show the EZ-Ride ID Card to the ferry mate. The mate will scan the bar code on the card with a portable hand-held terminal, and enter the type of vehicle. A hand-held terminal will tell the ferry mate if there is sufficient balance in the account to cover the discounted ferry ride cost. If there is an insufficient balance, John Doe will have to pay the non-discount cash price to board the ferry.
3) Additional EZ-Ride ID Cards may be authorized to be created for one main account by completing an application form for each additional user (form available online by clicking the above User Application link). These additional ID cards can be distributed to family members and/or friends. Remember, the EZ-Ride ID Card is assigned to a single individual and cannot be passed onto other people for use.
4) Using the account Number & Password (described in paragraph 1 above), a user may go online request a paper ferry ticket be created, with the cost of the ticket debited from their account balance. The online system will deliver a PDF file which can be used to print a paper ticket on his printer, or forward the PDF file to another person for use on the ferry.
5) The owner of an EZ-Ride account, can increase the balance in their account by stopping in the Town office with a payment, by mailing a check into the Town office, or by authorizing the Town to automatically debit his checking account for an agreed to amount when the balance reaches an agreed to minimum value. Please note: Monies deposited are not always immediately available. Please plan in advance.
Any questions on the electronic ticketing system should be directed to the Town Office.