Job Opening - Director of Recreation
Post date: Apr 12, 2019 5:6:5 PM
Director of Recreation
Frye Island, Maine
Frye Island, is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Director for the summer season 2019. College degree or equivalent life experience required.
The applicant will need to be available to work on the island from June through Labor Day. If interested, please forward your resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of recreation programs; supervise and evaluate programs.
· Interview and hire part-time staff for programs; conduct staff orientations as needed.
· Responsible for supervising part-time staff, developing staffing schedules, evaluating staff performance.
Facilities, Supplies, & Equipment:
· Work with the Recreation Commission to ensure proper activity space and use of property. Coordinate programming at all recreation venues including the Baseball Field, Basketball Courts, Beaches and the Recreation Area.
· Establish an annual report containing an annual budget, facility usage evaluation and program evaluation to be presented for the Recreation Commission’s review at the Recreation Commission’s Annual Meeting